Saturday, April 3, 2010

Not in the Mood

A few years ago, I started this tradition of creating a blog to mark my birthday. And so today, about a week shy of my __th natal day, I'm writing this first post in my new blog.

But truth be said, I'm just going through the motions. I've been despondent lately, kind of in a rut, maybe even a little depressed. Nothing I do seems to make me happy. I don't feel passionate about anything anymore--and this is strange, because I'm one of the most passionate people I know. Worst of all, and perhaps at the core of this whole thing, I'm still trying to recover from a devastating breakup. Yeah, I get tired of saying it, and it makes me ashamed that I still haven't healed up to now, but what can I do? That's just the way I am. I did say I am (or was) passionate, remember?

I try to be patient with myself. I rationalize this is the "seventh cycle" blues which everyone goes through just before they add another year to their age. I've read somewhere that the monthlong period or so just before your birthday is supposed to be your weakest and most vulnerable time. Your health--mentally, physically and definitely emotionally--is at its lowest. So there. It seems I just have to wait a few more days and things will be better... I hope.

Writing has been therapeutic for me in the past, and this is another reason why I started this blog. Hey, already, I feel better after just these few paragraphs.

Hmmm, there's definitely hope for me!

1 comment:

Nora, the golden girl said...

How are you MJ? I hope you and your little darlings will join the Run to Read this coming Aug. 15. Gio and Eia will be running 3K and I'm doing 15K. Please run 15K with me, MJ. Details of the run posted in my blog. This is a great cause, initiated by a woman who loves to run and to read books. Proceeds will help build libraries and National Book Store will equal the amount donated. Tara na! P50 off in registration fee if you register on or before July 15.