Saturday, March 19, 2011

Perigee Moon

The girls and I stayed out a bit tonight, looking at the perigee moon, or a "super moon" that's supposed to be the largest full moon in 20 years. Truthfully, it doesn't look any bigger than usual, but it was nice just being out at night, enjoying the cool air and the quietness. It was cloudy too, so the moon sometimes hid behind the cumulo-strato clouds (we were debating on what kind of clouds they were, and didn't find a common answer).

I hope this super moon doesn't trigger more tsunami waves. People in Japan are already going through very tough times as things are.

I'm not exactly worried about calamities right now, but I'm thinking we should be more prepared for the eventuality of an earthquake, which Philvolcs says can happen anytime. I intend to look up online how a household can be more ready for such an event. It won't hurt to be more informed and prepared.

No comments: