Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bye Bye Fish

Another one of our goldfish died today. This is him (or her) floating lifelessly on the water surface.


Only two goldfish remain in our fish tank, plus one giant janitor and one teeny-weeny flat, shiny fish of some unknown species (I forgot what it's called). We originally had more than ten of this tiny flat fish. We also had maybe seven to ten goldfish originally, together with many kois that also perished.

I admit it, I'm a lousy fish keeper. I hate cleaning the tank and changing the water. So, yes, I am probably guilty for the deaths of the all our fishes. (Though I don't discount that there's a chance other, unknown factors are responsible.)

Our tank is a large, 75-gallon one, so right now it's looking very empty and sad. I hate to buy more fish because I know they'd die sooner or later.

2 comments:

Nora, the golden girl said...

MJ, isang linggo lang daw talaga ang lifespan ng goldfish sabi ng tindera dito sa Las Pinas. Tumigil na din ako sa kakabili ng fish kasi masyadong dinaramdam ng mga bata pag may namatay.

MJ said...

Ha, ganun ba, Nora? Grabe naman. At least nagtagal ng years yata yong ibang fish namin.

Thanks for all your comments here. May nagbabasa pala nitong blog ko apart from myself, hehe.

Yes, I ran the 21k in the QCIM. It was great. Buti na lang I pushed through with it even though I had my doubts. I thoroughly enjoyed the run and didn't have my usual leg cramps :-)